Monday, November 12, 2007

My First Post

Well this is my quilting blog. I am hoping to be encouraged to quilt more and blog/brag about it.

I have just received a parcel from Equilter in the US of material. None of the material was available Downunder. It is a total of 12 yards however no freebie which I have always received from other US shops.

At the moment I am working on my Heart’s Quilt. These are the Hearts I received earlier this year when I as having a rotten time of it. It hasn’t gotten any better but looking at the Hearts and working on them reminds me that it will get better. I am planning on taking a photo of what I have done so far and will post it as soon as I can.

Today is going to be 39 deg (and it was already 33 at 10.20am) so I am planning to work on my Hearts a lot more.

However before I do that I have to wait for David’s Silverchain carer to come and shower him. Then the day is mine, well some of it.

Here is a quilt that I made for my union reps baby. It was planned on being a pastel quilt however the quilt had a mind of its own.

He and his wife loved it. Especially as I wrote a note explaining how to wash it and added the poem “You can sit on my quilt”

7 comments:

Birdydownunder said...

welcome to the wonderful world of blogland. You will soon have so many blog friends it takes more than one cup of coffee to catch up with them all.
keep well post lots of photos

Sue said...

Welcome to blogging,lots of interesting sights to see and friends to make.

Christina said...

Welcome and congratulations on your first post. I love my blog but don't write in it often enough.SMC is right takes a couple of cuppas to catch up on all your blog friends.
Christina

Julie said...

Beware...Blogging can be addictive, that is if you can get the time to post! You will be amazed where the blogs can take you. Enjoy! Julie xx

Sonia said...

Welcome back to the addicts fold, once those pheremones in that new fabric get into your system there will be no going back this time.
Love the quilt. Can't wait to see the next one.
OXOX Sonia

Suzy said...

Welcome to Blogland!

The friends you make will mean as much to you than those you meet in real life.
I look forward to reading of your adventures and I will post a link to your blog so you will hopefully get even more visitors ....lol

Rose said...

good on you Dragonlady, I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time in Blogland - from another Dragongirl
Marcie