Tuesday, November 13, 2007

Not much quilting but I did go material shopping!

First I must say thank you to all who have left a comment. I am not sure how or if I can reply to them so for the moment a group thank you is all I can do. It was very encouraging to hear from you all. A special thank you to the people who told me this would be addictive. You were right. I have changed the whole look of my blog since yesterday.

Well so far today I haven’t done any quilting however I did go material shopping.

Yes I know I had 12 yards arrive yesterday however I needed a purple material for a little girl who is 5 and I didn’t have anything appropriate. I had purple marbles, fossil ferns, pansy, violets even iris’ but nothing that would suit a little girl.

So off I went to Carol’s in Midland. There wasn’t much to choose from, not because there wasn’t many bolts of material but because I needed a specific piece. Eventually I found a nice piece with ballerina’s on it some in purple tutu, on a cream background. So I brought a fat quarter and came home.

I also bought a metre of cream quilters’ muslin as I had run out and was going to sew the hearts onto cream calico as that was all I had.

I also learned today that price of material is unlikely to fall later in the year, even though the AU dollar is good, due to the fact that the reps the shops buy from will reap the benefits not the shop. Pity really as I was hoping for lower price materials. Oh well guess my stash won’t grow as quick as I planned.

Now I am off to wash the material and get it ready to send.

After I watch Simply Quilts I am off to sew some of my Hearts Quilt together. I must find the cord that connects my ‘puter to my camera.

2 comments:

Christina said...

Hi Patricia

I tried to email you but it came back so here is the answer to your question you left on my blog

I belong to a small group of bloggers called Scatterdaisies and each week we have a letter and three categories. It was not my idea but if you check out this blog http://www.randomapplique.blogspot.com/

You will see how to join there is an email address you need to contact and they add you to the list and then you join the blog ring if you want.

Let me know if you have any problems joining....This week is the letter H and the categories are Human.. Toy.. Soft We have to have the photos taken and on our blog on Saturday.

Christina

cat in tassie said...

Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. It was nice to hear from a new blogger. Did you find the cord for your camera? Hope so, coz then you will be able to show us what you're up, and how the purple quilt turns out!