Friday, January 18, 2008

Material for today: BATIKS from Retreat Siggies


I tried a pattern out in EQ6 today for the Retreat Siggies and it looked kind of good. I am not sure of colours so had to just put in Batiks of any colour to get a general overview.

I have the material out and ready to wash which I will do tonight. I can then starch and iron it too.

One of the books I received for my birthday was "Creating your perfect Quilting Studio". I am so close to decided to claim the second bedroom as my quilt studio especially as we will have to have the carpet replaced due to the washer overflowing. I just have to decide about the degree of expense I am willing to go to. So far I have no budget so it is a free for all. I do know that I will be putting tiles down. I did think about floor board but felt the tiles won't show any marks when I move stuff about.

I am going to have to fold and count all my material. While it won't take me and some friends 200 hours it will take some time. I will by the time I have done that decided on a budget, what I want and what is practical. Oh well I may just dream for a little while.

No comments: