Thursday, January 3, 2008

More sewing on my Heart Quilt

I did some more sewing on my Heart Quilt. It is starting to look good. I am hoping to do some more tomorrow. I have to iron the blocks and it is just too hot to even try.

DH gave me some money to buy some material with and so I decided to buy from the US. I find with the dollar being so good and our income being 10% of what it was that sometimes this will just have to happen. I did ask my local quilting shop if the next lot of material will be less because they are buying it when the dollar is so low and they said no. I know they have to make a profit but 300% is a bit much. I don’t know if they are paying the same as usual or not but someone is making a small fortune and it isn’t me.

Although I am not doing a yearquilt this year I have decided to add at the bottom of each post what material I would have used if I was. I have done several of these quilts and really enjoyed them but at the moment I am not up to the task.

Today’s material would relate to teeth, I went to the dentist, or maybe some of my Heart quilt material.

No comments: